To celebrate Cassette Store Day, inspiring Scottish DIY label Gold Mold Records have collaborated with other like-minded impresarios to put together the Scottish Indie Sampler Vol. II.
The label’s 17th release features the likes of Aberdeen’s FitLike Records, Dundee’s Make-That-A-Take and Glasgow’s Save As Collective, Handpicked Cassette Tapes , DTHCMP with artwork by Cameron Orr. Stylistically, there is something for everyone: Indie Pop, Spoken Word, Hardcore, Pop Punk, Hip Hop and Electronica to name a fair few!
This compilation is representative of some of Scotland’s finest independent music, by some of the country’s most inspiring and hard working people.
Enjoy the taster above, but more importantly, please take time to purchase the release and investigate the artists further. Release: Cassette Store Day; Saturday, 8th October, 2016. Also available for purchase via Bandcamp! It will be available at: LION COFFEE + RECORDS (London) Strand Records (Stoke) VoxBox Music (Edinburgh) GravyTrain (Bristol) Humanitas Shop (Hitchin)
1. Pillow Talk – Lead Ache [GoldMold]
2. Grand Pricks – Hotstough [GoldMold]
3. Lovely Ladies – Pink Teeth [GoldMold]
4. Tryptamines – Metropolis [FitLike]
5. Kitchen Cynics – Above The Vaults [FitLike]
6. CS Buchan – Ambulance [FitLike]
7. Lachance – Shoebox [MTAT]
8. Clearer The Skit – Gold Dissolved In The Ocean [MTAT]
9. PMX – Pull The Trigger [MTAT]
10. Bronze Wave – Waaave [SaveAs]
11. Heavy Manners – Nice Dream [SaveAs]
12. RAZA – Futuramayana [SaveAs]
13. ILe Flottante – Wumpz [Handpicked]
14. Cheeky Forty – Soother [Handpicked]
15. Mantra – Black Lies [Handpicked]
16. Lude – Temptations [DTHCMP]
17. KAMI-O – OVER U [DTHCMP]
18. Misti – RAUNA [DTHCMP]
Release Event: Bloc+, Glasgow; Wednesday, 12th October, 2016.